Friday, July 4, 2008

NS have brought me far.

IMG_3128

hmm.. we always complained at how NS mess up everything in our lives but i guess there are gifts NS gave to us also.. haha maybe i shall share a few precious moments.

There was this time during Bmt, when we are outfield.. still very fresh soldiers. We walk for very long distances, do a lot of fire movements and prone in lots of undesirable places. eg, mud, water, tall grass and all those weird weird places. Ok, its the 3rd day of the outfield, guess everyone is really tired then ard the time when the sun is going down, i remember me proning in a particular spot for a very long time, dozing off countless times.

In me, there s lots of sorrows.. lol.. y am i here? why am i doing all this shit? I miss my family, i miss my gf. lol.. there is an inner struggle. I prone there motionless, thinking.. of a lot things..

At the corner of my eye, something caught my attention. A firefly. It travels very slowly. by then its oredi dark... cant see much shit.. but the fireflies painted the dark night with something.. it gives the nothing a something. Its the first time I see firefly. didnt expect it to look like that. haha.

All of a sudden, my sorrows re gone. Coz i realised something. Soldiers are just like fireflies.. U cant see them in the day or night when its not dark enough but when darkness comes in.. when u can see nothing.. no moon.. no stars.. they are the ones who will give u some hope. They are the ones that will still fight the dark when all light source dies out. Not because they wanted to.. but because they were made this way.

Ever since that day I couldnt really care about tough training.. i dun really mind harsh conditions anymore.. coz i know.. if one day.. when all the lights are out.. I still can provide a little something for my people.. a hope. and thats enough.

haha.. so patriotic.. but seriously.. screw those who run away from NS.. stop complaining and be a man.

thats all.. i wanted to share more.. but a bit tired.. haha next time then..

Stevendetta
The Ultimate Asshole

No comments: